|Registration Opens||Till registration closes|
|Registration Closes||12 hours before each shift ends or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
Help us collect community compost at the Cooper Young Community Farmers Market (CYCFM) each Saturday! We follow the market schedule, which is year-round from 9am-1pm each week. This volunteer role begins promptly at 9am.
This volunteer role is essentially a community outreach opportunity. We will set you up with a tent, table, chair, outreach materials, and two large bins for collecting compost. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to multiple Saturdays. You must be 18 or older for this volunteer opportunity.
Below is an outline of the detailed responsibilities.
- Set up tent, table, outreach materials, and bins for collecting compost;
- Greet Compost Fairy members when they drop off their compost;
- Field general questions about the Compost Fairy (who we are, how to get involved, etc.);
- Provide new members with free buckets and educational materials for collecting compost;
- Encourage people to join the Compost Fairy and champion the benefits of composting;
- Stay at the Compost Fairy tent the entire duration of the market;
- Break down tent, table, and all materials at the end of the shift - a Compost Fairy representative meet you at 1pm to pick up all materials.
To get a better sense of our set-up, check our our Facebook page photos: https://www.facebook.com/compostfairy/
There is some downtime during the shift, so feel free to bring a book, magazine, or even homework if you have it!
This position is outside, but we provide a tent. You must be okay with tabling outdoors. Must be friendly and approachable. No previous knowledge of composting is required; we can teach you everything that you need to know! An interest or passion for sustainability is preferred.
|Perks||We will provide you with free buckets and educational materials so that you can participate in the Compost Fairy and begin composting at home! While at the market, you'll get to meet engaging community members who are committed to sustainable living practices. This is a great volunteer opportunity for a student looking to accumulate community service hours. You can commit to as many Saturday shifts as you desire, and there's some downtime that's conducive to reading/studying.|
|Parking Details||Use parking lot next to the market on Walker Ave, or park nearby on the street.|
|Skills||Learning/Education Planting and Gardening|
19 Positions Filled | 10 Impacts | 41 Hours