Bring your expertise; this is intended for individuals. Whether you are a novice or an expert, we are always looking for new and exciting skills for our children to learn. Volunteers with the following skillsets are encouraged to register: theater and drama; guitar or piano teachers; yoga, or dance instructors; sports athletes or coaches; trained chef; pottery or art instructors; computer science or basic coding knowledge. Based on your schedule and preferences, we will match you with the appropriate children for recurring bi-weekly or monthly volunteer events.
To become a Youth Villages Teach a Skill Volunteer, you must:
• Be at least 21yo
• Complete the application process including an application, confidentiality and liability waiver, background and reference check, and one hour training.
You can decide how often and where you would like to volunteer to match your schedule; all activities occur on our residential campuses located throughout Bartlett:
Dogwood Residential Campus 2890 Bekemeyer Drive Arlington, TN 38002
Bartlett Residential Campus 7410 Memphis Arlington Road Memphis, TN 38135
· This includes Bills Place, Rose Center, and our Bartlett Cottages
· Paidias Place, Brunswick, and Coteswood
Youth Villages COVID-19 Volunteer Protocols
· All volunteers will check in at the front desk. You will be required to have your temperature checked and answer screening question at this time.
· Temp must be lower than 100.0.
· Response to all screening questions must be no or you will be required to leave.
o Have you had any close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
o Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat?
o Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
o Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
o Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
· We ask all Volunteers to use hand sanitizer prior to joining groups or going out onto campus and to sanitize between groups if interacting with youth.
· Masks are required for all volunteers. If you need a mask, Youth Villages will provide you with one.
o Masks must be worn appropriately at all times, including while outside and participating in activities.
· In cases where volunteers are interacting with youth, one volunteer may interact with one youth at a time.
· Volunteers will maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from youth, staff, and other volunteers.
· Volunteers will sneeze or cough in a cloth or tissue, or if unavailable the inside of their elbow.
· No hand-shaking, high fives, fist or elbow bumps, or any unnecessary physical contact is allowed.
· Volunteers will not bring gifts; food or items.
· In the event a youth is not complying with social distancing guidelines, volunteers will be asked to refrain from interacting with that youth but may be given an alternative activity that can be safely conducted.