Are you looking to do something life-changing in your community, work with a passionate team, and help others when it's needed most? Join us!
Join us and volunteer with the Red Cross today! We work with your schedule and we will support you every step of the way. The training includes online courses and response calls. Watch the video below to see Red Cross volunteers in action, as you too can make a positive influence in your community. We work together as a cohesive unit and as one family. Sleeves Up. Hearts Open. All In.
Disaster Action Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yamNDUbsn0
To provide support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings by Chapter/Region
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts, and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to the Red Cross mission
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.