Community Compost Collection - Cooper Young Farmers Market
|Date||Saturday, February 24th, 2018 from 9:00am to 1:00pm|
|Address||The Compost Fairy is set up directly next to the Cooper Young recycling bins at the corner of Cooper and Walker., 1000 Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104|
|Number of Registrants||1 out of 4|
|Close Date||February 24, 2018 at 1:00am|
|Event Description||Help us collect community compost at the Cooper Young Community Farmers Market (CYCFM) each Saturday! We follow the market schedule, which is year-round from 8am-1pm (April-October) and 9am-1pm (November-March) each week. This volunteer role begins promptly at 8am/9am, depending on the time of year. |
This volunteer role is essentially a community outreach opportunity. We will set you up with a tent, table, chair, outreach materials, and two large bins for collecting compost. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to multiple Saturdays. You must be 18 or older for this volunteer opportunity.
Below is an outline of the detailed responsibilities.
- Set up tent, table, outreach materials, and bins for collecting compost;
- Greet Compost Fairy members when they drop off their compost;
- Field general questions about the Compost Fairy (who we are, how to get involved, etc.);
- Provide new members with free buckets and educational materials for collecting compost;
- Encourage people to join the Compost Fairy and champion the benefits of composting;
- Stay at the Compost Fairy tent the entire duration of the market;
- Break down tent, table, and all materials at the end of the shift - a Compost Fairy representative meet you at 1pm to pick up all materials.
To get a better sense of our set-up, check our our Facebook page photos: https://www.facebook.com/compostfairy/
There is some downtime during the shift, so feel free to bring a book, magazine, or even homework if you have it!
|There are no registrants yet|