For many Latinos living in Memphis, Latino Memphis is the first step in their pursuit of a better life for themselves and their families. For others, we are the only place they can turn to for assistance with health, education, and other basic services.
More and more Latinos are making Memphis their home every year. Over 80,000 Latino Memphians currently live, worship, work, study, and have fun here. As the primary provider of services to this community, we have dedicated ourselves to the idea that every Latino Memphian should have the opportunity and resources to become an engaged and active participant in making our city great. This means providing educational and career advancement opportunities, connecting clients to needed services, ensuring families are safe, and encouraging engagement between and among people of all backgrounds and ethnicities.Latino Memphis offers services through these key programs:
- El Centro offers access to information & referral services
- Derechos which is the Immigrant Rights Defense Center offering legal immigration services
- Tu Voz offers a voice through policy and community engagement
- Heartland Alliance home study and post release services for unaccompanied minors
- Trafficking Victim Assistance Program provides case management and resources to these resilient individuals.
- Financial Empowered Network based on helping the community to reach tools, Knowledge and awareness about financial health
- Latinx @ Work is a free 7-week online workforce readiness and digital literacy course