|Age Limit||21 and up|
Mentoring provides a young person with a positive adult influence, the power to overcome obstacles and help in making the right decisions.
In our one to one mentoring program, we ask mentors to:
• Be 21 years of age or older
• Pass a mandatory screening that includes a background and fingerprint check, as well as verification of references
• Commit to spending four to six hours per month one-on-one with a young person
• Attend an initial training session
• Be a willing listener
• Be encouraging and supportive
• Be patient and flexible
• Be tolerant and respectful of individual differences
As a mentor, you will:
• Support a child or teen through an ongoing one-on-one relationship
• Serve as a positive role model and friend
• Plan and participate in activities together
• Build self-esteem and motivation in a young person
• Help your mentee set goals and work toward accomplishing them
• Know you are making a difference
• Receive personal fulfillment
If you feel that you are interested in making a difference in a young person's life, please feel free to go to our website: www.youthvillages.org/mentor or email: email@example.com or call 901-252-2898.
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Causes||Children & Youth|
18 Positions Filled | 105 Impacts | 262 Hours