- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
Abbie Gordon wrote on November 4th, 2021
You’ve signed up to be on-site from 1:30 pm - 4 pm. We will meet at the Lower Mud Island Boat Ramp and we will have a t-shirt for you. The race begins at 2 pm and we expect awards to take place around 3:30 at the latest.
What to expect
• The weather looks like it is going to be 60 and sunny! Wear comfortable clothes. We will have a t-shirt for you as well. We may need you to help load or unload kayaks and to help with people starting in the water. Wear shoes that can get a little wet.
• You will be primarily setting up, helping participants with their kayaks, directing people to the race from the parking lot/skybridge, and helping clean up.
• We will have a DJ, a bag check on-site, and bathrooms.
• Wiseacre beer (21+), Raw Girls juices water bottles, granola bars, and HTWO products will be available for participants and volunteers.
• Premium Parking lot P2711 is a paid lot available on Mud Island
• Mud Island Garage is a paid garage across the skybridge.
• Free street parking is available in Harbor Town and across the skybridge in downtown Memphis.
1:30 pm - Volunteer arrival + race set up
2:00 pm - Race starts
3:30 pm - Awards ceremony
3:30 - 4 pm - Clean up
Post-race, the last sunset kayak of the season is happening from 4:30-6:30. It’s a free event but it first come, first serve. As a Huzzah! volunteer, you’re guaranteed a kayak if you’d like to stick around.