Community Alliance for the Homeless (CAFTH) is collecting new or unused hygiene kits (sample size), survival items, and snacks, packed in new or unused drawstrings or backpacks to give to those experiencing homelessness. Drawstrings and backpacks are given to housing insecure individuals at shelters and during outreach visits. Some ideas of items to include are listed below. Thank you for your efforts to end homelessness in our community and we look forward to working with you!
- Quart or gallon sized resealable storage bags
- Soap and body wash
- Face wash
- Lotion and moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Unisex deodorant
- Face masks
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm or chapstick
- Gum and mints
- First aid kit or items (travel size)
Using quart or gallon sized resealable storage bags, the items above are typically packaged as individual hygiene kits in drawstrings and backpacks. The following items listed below are added separately based on the season or weather conditions and are packed with completed hygiene kits in drawstrings and backpacks, then delivered to housing insecure individuals in need. Please see our Amazon Wishlist for examples of these items.
- Washcloths and small towels
- Mylar blankets
- Rain ponchos
- Collapsible water bottles
- Reusable masks
- Hand warmers
- Winter gloves, hats, and scarves
- Individually wrapped healthy snacks (trail mix 2 oz packs, protein bars, fruit bars, beef jerky, peanut butter/cheese crackers, etc.)
- Small flip-top notebooks and pens
Please DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Any used, expired, or opened items.
Our office is currently open Mondays through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm to receive donations. CAFTH is located on 2670 Union Ave Extended, Suite 700, Memphis, TN 38112. If you would like to email Errin Woods around 15 minutes before drop-off or call our office at 901-527-1302, our team will be ready to assist.
Free parking is available around the building.
Please visit the CAFTH website for other opportunities to donate, or to volunteer/partner on other upcoming or ongoing projects (https://www.cafth.org/donate/). For any other questions or for more information please contact Dustin Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
In front of the building, or
Best Park - off of North 2nd Street and Court Street.