For those who do not have a place to call their own, moving into a house or apartment is a major milestone. Many people move in with only their family and very few belongings. We are collecting "Home Warming Baskets," a laundry hamper filled with cleaning supplies ad basic items to help them get started in their new home. Your help will provide support and encouragement to those who need it most. A list of some ideas for the basket can be found below. Thank you for your efforts to end homelessness in our community! Please email Errin Woods firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Laundry Basket
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener/Dryer Sheets
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Clorox wipes
- Surface cleaner
- Shower/Tile Cleaner
- Kitchen utensils (forks, spoons, etc.)
- Brita water pitcher (filtered water pitcher)
- Kitchen towels
- Oven mitts
- Dish soap/Dishwasher tablets
- Sponge/Scrub brush
- Toilet cleaner
- Toilet bowl brush
- Air fresheners
- Hand soap (antibacterial)
Please DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Any used, expired, or opened items.
Our office is currently open Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm to receive donations. CAFTH is located on 2670 Union Ave Extended, Suite 700, Memphis, TN 38112. If you would like to email Dustin Kane at email@example.com around 15 minutes before drop-off or call our office at 901-527-1302, our team will be ready to assist.
Free parking is available around the building.
Please visit the CAFTH website for other opportunities to donate, or to volunteer/partner on other upcoming or ongoing projects (https://www.cafth.org/donate/). For any other questions or for more information please contact Errin Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.
Best Park - off of North 2nd Street and Court Street