Join our team to help us achieve our goal to ensure every child can read by helping out with some of our behind the scenes work.
We are looking for one spectacular individual to offer 1 hour of volunteering to us every week over the course of 2 months.
Your one hour each week will kick off with a 10- minute Zoom meeting with our Operations Manager to touch base and confirm tasks for that day, and then the remainder of the time will be filled with administrative-type work that, while mundane sometimes, is necessary and helps us achieve our mission!
Some examples of the work you will be doing include:
· Auditing our website to ensure all links work
· Helping us compile a press database
· Updating our contact records
· Other, related tasks as assigned
From this experience you will have the opportunity to learn new skills to add to your resume – like time-management, communication, confidence with using the project management software, Asana, and familiarity with the website platform, Squarespace, to name a couple.
Lastly, because we truly want this to be a beneficial experience for you, you will have full rights to ask us any and all of your questions about how a nonprofit operates and pick our brains about any aspect of running a business that you are interested in.
If you are interested in expanding your skill set, adding experience to your resume, and giving back to a local nonprofit, we encourage you to register! Once you register, someone from the Coaching for Literacy Team will get in touch with you.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.