Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training required for the position
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.