|Hiring Manager||Sarah Houston|
In this position, you will work alongside the education and outreach staff to implement and develop
water science curriculum to students, teachers and the general public. The environmental education
intern will primarily teach and co-assist the redeveloped Water On Wheels (WOW) Mobile – a traveling,
educational water science museum geared to 4th grade students. More about the WOW program can be
found at Memphis.edu/wateronwheels.
• Deliver environmental education programs to K-12 students, particularly 4th grade level, and the
• Research State curriculum standards and ensure programs are grade level appropriate.
• Accurate data entry of evaluations and pre- and post-tests.
o Data analysis: Explore patterns within data relating to student knowledge gains.
• Develop water science activities for summer camps, after school programs, and classroom visits.
• Assist in training docents.
• Willingness to drive Toyota Tundra and WOW trailer.
• Have daytime availability for elementary school visits two days per week: Tuesday – Friday.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Interest in earth science, water and environmental issues.
• Open to all majors and disciplines but preference for Education, Communications, Earth Science,
• 15-20 hours per week.
• Starting pay between $11-15 dependent on experience.
• Academic credit available but you MUST receive approval from, and register for, an internship
course in your department.
• Full Year Term: September 2019 – May 2020
• The position is dependent on the availability of grant funding.
S.Houston@memphis.edu with the subject line “Application for Environmental Internship”.
For more than 25 years, the Center for Applied Earth Science and Engineering Research (CAESER) at the
University of Memphis has studied the aquifers beneath the Memphis area, our rivers and their
interaction. CAESER, is a research center in the Herff College of Engineering, comprised of University
faculty, a professional staff and highly-motivated students to strengthen communities by improving
environmental and social conditions through collaboration and research. Strengthencommunities.com
|Social||Website Twitter Facebook|
|Causes||At-Risk Youth Children & Youth Community Conservation Early Childhood Education Environment Environmental Education Media & Broadcasting Research STEM Social Justice Sustainability Water Conservation|