The Memphis Grizzlies Scholars Program (MGSP), in partnership with Memphis Area Ford Dealers, is a selective high school preparation program for academically gifted middle school students. The program's mission is to increase the number of youth with access to academically rigorous, competitive high schools as a pathway to success in college and career.
Over the course of an academic year (August- May), mentors matriculate the program with their mentee offering advice, guidance, and support. Mentors engage in monthly, in-person events with their mentee planned by the Program Director and mentors engage in weekly phone check-ins. Through these interactions, mentees build a trusting, ongoing relationship with their mentor, which has repeatedly been shown to be a contributing factor to success within educational institutions.
· Be at least 25 years old
· Be interested in working with young people
· Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
· Be willing to complete the application and screening process
· Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
· Academic Year, 9-month commitment (August-May)
· Between four (4) to ten (10) hours of structured, in-person time per month
· Communicate with mentee weekly via call/text/email for about 15 minutes
· Optional: schedule additional time with mentee outside of monthly events
APPLICATION AND SCREENING PROCESS
· Application and references verification
· Background and fingerprint check
Laquita Stover, firstname.lastname@example.org