The application period has ended or been marked as full. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
|Hiring Manager||Mia Madison|
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT
Memphis Tilth is looking for a self-motivated individual to work with the Executive Director to locate and write grant proposals to secure funding for expansion and program development. The Development Grant Writing Intern will be responsible for creating a calendar of available grants and deadlines for the upcoming year. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based nonprofit environment. This role will be instrumental in supporting fund development goals and increasing Foundation and Corporate giving.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Grant Writer Intern will work to research, compile, edit and write proposals to Foundations and Corporations to support Memphis Tilth and its programs. Tasks include:
· Assist the Development Director in the creation and management of the grant calendar and goals for Memphis Tilth.
· Communicate proposal requirements and status to the Development Director
· Research and identify available government and private funding opportunities
· Maintain knowledge of proper protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state guidelines required for the proposal submission process
· Generate revenues for Memphis Tilth programs and services through submission of researched, well-written, and well-documented fundraising proposals
· General proposal and all required supporting documents in response to solicitations. This includes developing targeted questions and interviewing staff to obtain critical proposal information
· Write reports to foundations, government and other funders of Memphis Tilth
· Create and maintain funding calendar activities for Memphis Tilth
· Previous grant writing experience is preferred but not required
· Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to work proactively
· Ability to work effectively both independently and a team environment
· Proficient in basic computer programs: MS Office Suites
· Mental flexibility and an ability to change topics easily
· Current enrollment or degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
· Available for 5-12 hours a week. Weeks may vary based on deadlines and needs
· Resume building experience in development, grant writing, project management, and other aspects of the nonprofit sector
· Opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience Milwaukee's premier youth performing arts group.
· Class credit (if applicable)
How to Apply: Email a letter of interest and resume to Mia Madison at email@example.com indicating Development Grant Writing Intern in the subject line. Please also provide writing examples.