The Assistant Market Manager Intern is responsible for the daily market operations of the Chelsea Avenue Famers Market. This market is a new farmers market that is emerging in North Memphis to help address issues of food access and justice. The intern will work with the market manager, market vendors, patrons, and community members. The intern will be expected to work up to10-15 hours per week, including Saturdays market days, for a total of 150 hours for the summer (start and end date negotiable). There is also a possibility that the internship could be shifted to a paid position after the market season.
The Assistant Market Manager Intern will help with the following duties:
- Implement the rules and policies of each market
- Organize market vendors (recruitment, attendance, and market assignment)
- Oversee the setup and breakdown of the market complying with all government farmers market regulations
- Oversee SNAP/EBT
- Oversee market transactions and token system
- Oversee market disbursement to vendors
- Help with community outreach and planning events
- Help with writing grants with community partners
- Interest and/or knowledge in food justice, local food movements, farming, and/or farmers markets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Responsible time management
- Strong leadership skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good customer skills
- Professional attire and attitude required for the market, meetings, etc. when representing the market.
Physical Demands: Memphis Tilth will make all possible accommodations for persons with disabilities or other physical limitations. However, the nature of this internship requires long periods of sitting and standing, being outdoors, and lifting moderately heavy objects (up to40lbs). Contact question please contact Mia Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.